Welcome kittens

Welcome to the Bad Kitten Creations pinups blog. I am a pinup artist and an obsessive fan of vintage fashion and beauty from the 1930s, 40s and early 50s. I write on everything about pinup and burelseque lifestyle and to showcase my pin-up girl illustrations. Plus my vintage dressmaking, DIY fashion projects and Art Deco makeovers of just about anything I can get my hands on.....enjoy xxx



"Glamour is my stock in trade, it's what I sell" ... Marlene Deitrich.







Saturday, 3 November 2012

rubber corset waist training test - results.

Yesterday was the last day of the Squeem rubber corset test, so today is the final weigh and measure in.

To recap if you missed it I decided at the beginning of October to test the claim made by Squeem rubber corsets, that if you wear one of their waist cinchers for 8 to 10 hours per day for 30 days, you will loose between 1 and 4 inches from your waist.

It didnt say anything specific about diet and excercise, so I kept both to a basic healthy level but not so much that it could result in significant loss. It needed to be a result of the cincher.


I started out at 122lb with a 27.5" waist. Using a size small in beige.

By the end of week one I was 120lb with a 27" waist -





Week two was cut short by a skin rash caused by the corset (a heat rash, not an allergic reaction. But latex is a common alergy) -




So I took 3 days off which would be added on to the end.

No change at all for the start of week three.

To avoid the skin issues of week two happening again I started wearing a cotton shirt under my corset and taking extra special care of the skin. I used gentle baby wipes, aloe gell and a healing lotion. This worked great and week 3 went without any issues.




By the end of week three My overall bodyweight was still the same but I had lost annother 1/4 inch from my waist -





Week four was three days longer than the previous weeks to make up for the lost 3 days from week two. I was now able to fit into the next corset size down (XS in black) This gave me a much better reduction than the size small but was less comfortable than the small so most days I switched out after a while.




At the end of week four, and the test, I was still 120lbs but my waist is now just under 26.5"
A total loss of 2 lbs and just over 1 inch. -




I said at the begining of the trial that if I lost one whole inch or more I would consider the experiment a success.



So yes it does work, the loss will be different for everyone. I was small to begin with so would not have expected a loss of more than an inch maxiumum. I feel confident that if combined with proper exercise and a more strict diet it would have been possible for me to loose 1.5" perhaps even 2.0".

But would I recommend it? Well I certainly do recommend the squeem waspie and high backed cinchers for occasional wear. They are a great addition to your vintage style shapewear collection. Only negative on that front is they have no garter/suspender clips for your stockings.

But the 8 to 10 hours a day for 30 days thing is not an easy quick fix. The positves are - helps correct your posture, more comfortable than a steel boned corset, quick and easy to get into, maintains consistant pressure all day long, relatively inexpensive, comes in a range of colours/designs.

On the down side the cotton lining, while fine for short term/occasional wear, is not good enough for long term extended wear. So you will need a corset liner or wear it over soft clothes (preferably cotton) to prevent skin irritaion.
When worn with a liner the corset is far more likley to move so you will be adjusting it more. Not a big issue but it can be annoying, especially if you are somewhere you can't deal with it right away!.

These are comfortable to me, but I am used to wearing all kinds of cinchers and steel boned corsets. I think allot of women will find them uncomfortable which will reduce their chances of sticking it out to the end.

Wearing the rubber corset does limit your wardrobe choices too which could be an issue for some women.

30 days seems like such a short time, but it feels longer when you are doing it.

I would say that if waist reduction is your goal and you are serious, then this is a good option for you. It could also be a good introduction to waist training, or useful for current waist trainers on days or nights when you just can't face your real corset.

If you are looking for an easy way to loose weight it probably is not for you.
You need to be willing to put up with the issues, and have a goal that is more about targeted waist reduction rather than overall weight loss.

Though if you can deal with the issues then it would make a great addition to any diet and workout.



I said above that I felt it would be more succesfull if combined with diet and exercise on a rather more vigorous level. So that is what I will be testing next. From monday on to early December I will be wearing the corsets for longer then the ten hours and increasing the exercise and diet levels. So we shall see if I can get annother inch or more....?

1 comment:

  1. So how did the prolonged usage of the squeem combined with diet and exercise turn out? I've been researching waist training, I'm trying to figure out which is most effective...rubber waist cinchers or steel boned, tight lacing corsets. Short term vs. Long term usage effectiveness on waist shrinkage and posture/back pain releif goals. Do you have a theory? Have you heard another' opinion? If so, I'd love to hear it and would appreciate it :-)

    Sara

    sayjaymc@gmail.com

    www.packedhousexxx.com

    You are absolutely a doll in your poison ivy costume. Very well done :-)

    ReplyDelete